Nature Nooks Retreat & Kinship Place Conference Center
.... a beautiful place to simply be
- RELAX in private, amenity-filled cabins with big panoramic views.
- GATHER at Kinship Place conference facilities for your business meeting, retreat or family reunion.
- ENJOY the unique beauty of the Driftless area and simply being in this geologically ancient, bio-diverse West Fork of the Kickapoo Valley.
- PARTICIPATE in a wide variety of seasonal outdoor activities - hiking, bird watching, fishing, kayaking, skiing, cycling and more.
Nature Nooks Retreat...
- Situated on the West Fork of the Kickapoo River in the geographic center of the Driftless Area's 24,000 square miles of unique topography.
- Easy access to countless spring-fed streams in an area known as the center of cold water fishing heaven in the Midwest.
- Ten miles from the Kickapoo Reserve, 8,400 acres of wild recreational land with biking, hiking and skiing trails along the Kickapoo.
- Recreation areas of the Mississippi and Wisconsin Rivers within easy access.
- 45-minute drive from the Sparta-Elroy bike trail.
- Premier bicycling on quiet, well-maintained roads available right from the cabin doorsteps.
- Amish artisans and shops nearby.
- Nearby Viroqua has it all - Farmers Market, shops, restaurants and the renowned Driftless Cafe and the Viroqua Food Coop.
OUR CHARTER is to protect and enhance biodiversity and carrying capacity, and to create a means of sharing both an appreciation for and a profound sense of belonging to Nature.
To this end, we have recently placed a permanent conservation easement on the property through the Mississippi Valley Conservancy, which will protect this unique place in perpetuity.
NEW! Our newly "constructed" wetland, with native plantings in progress, will be a haven for wildlife of all kinds. Follow our progress on facebook!
No matter the season, the quiet and diverse beauty of Nature Nooks reminds us of our connection with Nature and can restore the Spirit.